Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy is a punishing climbing game, a homage to Jazzuo’s 2002 B-Game classic ‘Sexy Hiking’. You move the hammer with the mouse, and that’s all there is. With practice, you’ll be able to jump, swing, climb and fly. Great mysteries and a wonderful reward await the master hikers who reach the top of the mountain.
To quote Jazzuo himself: “The hiking action is very similar to way you would do it in real life, remember that and you will do well”.
- Climb up an enormous mountain with nothing but a hammer and a pot.
- Listen as I make philosophical observations about the problem at hand.
- Between 2 and ∞ hours of agonizing gameplay, depending. The median time to finish for my playtesters was 5 hours, but the mean was closer to ∞.
- Lose all your progress, over and over.
- Feel new types of frustration you didn’t know you were capable of.
- Magical reward awaits hikers who reach the top.
Getting Over It is an arcade climbing game where you carefully use a hammer to climb up a mountain. Use physics to your advantage and see how far you can go before losing your mind!
About Getting Over It
Getting Over It is a fan game based on the hugely popular Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy. The objective is the same in this version of the game, but the theme is entirely different.
Instead of a man in a pot navigating a punishing and surreal landscape, this playful alternative has you playing as a cat in a plant pot climbing various colorful blocks and giant fruits. Much like the original game, it’s quite tricky and unforgiving!
- Take your time – going to fast can send you flying back to where you started!
- Use the hammer to carefully leverage yourself over tricky areas
- Keep your cool and try again
More Games Like This
Getting Over It is quite a unique concept for a game. However, many games involve getting over tricky obstacles. Similar titles include Short Life 2 and Vex 6.
This Scratch version of Getting Over It is developed by Griffpatch. This version is inspired by Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy.
- “Magnum 4D Result Lottery Game: How to Play, Odds, and Prizes” - February 23, 2023
- Guillermo del Toro’s Rise / Olmo Cuarón’s Animations: Stop-Motion Treasures - February 2, 2023
- Beginners Guide | Enjoy the game with Ragnarok Labyrinth (NFT) and Redfinger - February 2, 2023